Monday, November 15, 2010

Shake Shack

Yes, this is another food related post.

Listen up, I'm here to tell you how good Shake Shake is. I'd heard it was good but didn't make it on my last trip to NYC, not sure how as my bf is a total burger junkie. There's 4 locations in Manhattan and every time I pass by one the line is literally out the door and around the corner, a hint you might say.

Yes indeedy. The tasty morsels coming out of here are worth the wait. So, how to describe it... well, they describe themselves as a modern day 'roadside' burger stand and it's a good description. Simple, small-ish burgers that taste damn good. The bun isn't too big or doughy, which rates highly in my burger book and the meat pattie is juicy goodness. They also pride themselves on using only premium ingredients. Have I sold you yet?

The crinkle cut fries are delightful. And have an unusual dessert concept too - the Concrete - a frozen custard desert. Much like a VERY thick, thick shake.

If you find yourself in NYC, do youself a favour. And I promise, no money (or burgers) were received for this post.

www.shakeshack.com



Shack Burger


The Great White Way concrete - Vanilla frozen goodness, rice crispy bits and marshmallow sauce