Saturday, November 20, 2010

Flea Market month

There are a lot of great markets here in NYC. The last couple of weekends I've been all about the flea markets.

A friend told me about the GreenFlea on the Upper West (thanks Laura!). It's right behind the Museum of Natural History and talk about vintage sensory overload! But it bought me to a little quandry, to fur or not to fur. Fur is everywhere over here right now and there's so many arguments for and against. I must admit I do like this winter look, but faux is just as good. Anyway, I digress.

I had no quandries snapping up some awesome jewellery and bags at the GreenFlea...

















 



















The East 67th Street Market on the Upper East was next. Not as big and not as good in my book. You could skip this one and stick to the GreenFlea if it's jewellery, clothing and accessories you're after. Although they do incorporate a great farmer's market section, think homemade jams, sweet treats and fresh fruit and veg. I did get a deep green onyx ring and a 1950s thermoset plastic bracelet. Score!















 


















It's really easy to spend money in this city! Oh dear. And do not fear, I'm not considering a career change to hand modelling.