Monday, November 8, 2010

Bagel-ing in Brooklyn

Jeff and I had our hire car until 9am (from the previous day's trip to Woodbury Common Outlet - the Mother of all Outlets I might add) so we thought we'd get up early, avoid getting toed by NYPD (you wouldn't believe how narrowly we escaped) and drive over to Brooklyn for some breakfast. Why not.

(oh how I love a side thought in brackets)

Check out the scenery looking back at Manhattan on the drive over...




















I'd heard of a great breakfast spot in Williamsburg, called Egg. Alas, when we rocked up at the fresh time of 7.15am we found out that they don't open until 9am on a weekend. Dang.

After we asked if ANYTHING was open for breakfast at that time (these yanks don't open up shop until quite late) we were pointed in the direction of The Bagelsmith.

Now, I must back track a little and say how I'm loving the bagels here. I am a fan of ANY bread & cheese products so putting the 2 together is heaven. The people at The Bagelsmith were so friendly, they're open 24 hours and they have a gazillion flavours of cream cheese. Bacon and scallion looking particularly good. Being all geared up for a cooked breakfast though, we could resist a toasted Everything bagel (www.theeverythingbagel.com) with egg, bacon and cheese. D.Vine. I best go back soon.