Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/11 in NYC

Yesterday was the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I noticed quite a bit of security around the place, understandably, and also little memorials here and there. Passing by a fire station in the morning I noticed people were blocking the sidewalk. My first thought was "bloody New Yorkers, milling around all over the place. Keep to the right people!", then I realised it was a memorial for the local fire fighters involved in rescue attempts nine years ago. I retracted my negative thoughts and passed by respectfully.

At Union Square that night I saw two blue lights shining up into the sky, where the towers once stood tall...

(excuse the fuzzy pics, I didn't have my star camera with me, just my little happy snappy and something is going on with the shutter speed)